3 Months of changes: Store referrals, New siege blocks, referral prizes, warp north is live! (Changelog round-up)
Change-log roundup for the last 3 months
3 months, 20 days since our last change log round-up, you might want some grog to read through the changelogs over the last 3 months!
The changelogs are in a rough order of when they were completed, fromoldest to newest.
You can see Changelogs happen live by following us on Discord and keeping an eye on the #changelogs and #accouncements channels.
- Fixed 1.13 client chat kicks & 1.13 clients drowning on the 1.12.2 server. (new clients can connect to the old server)
- Updated anti-cheat 4 versions & updated configs
- Added Hologram plugin (Warp use)
- Filtered the words “gay”, “gey”, “gae” and single letter L/l replaced with landlubber
- Updated a lot of plugins multiple times over the course of 3 months, including: Chat plugin about 5-6 times, Analytics, Heads & Crate plugins, BuyCraft plugin, Updated Server & bungee, Chat proxy plugin.
- Updated Essentials suite of plugins
- Teleportation now loads chunks async, hopefully its faster.
- Beds won’t be set in nether and the end where they explode
- Legq made forum Moderator
- Fixed our Analytics so its recording & working again (after months not working!)
- Changed the color of the PVP missive text so you can read it.
- Made some MySQL config changes.
- Pushed a backup of the auto ranking data from the 17th March 2019, it somehow deleted itself so pirates were doing /rankup and their completed XP challenges were marked as not done. Fixed.
- New Pirate Bible Re-named to The Pirate Code from Maximus suggestion. Get it now with /kit bible
Anyone can help update The Pirate Code, the raw book code is on the Wiki, but make sure you count the characters used and count the lines to make sure not to screw up the page formatting in-game, this is VITAL to not screw up pushing text onto another page! Read the bullet points!
- You can now drop items when PvP tagged from the request from #suggestions
- /auc number 5 happened (and is now over)
- /auc number 6 happened (and is now over)
- /auc number 7 is Live now! Ends in 5 days.
- Added Packed ice & Cobwebs to the captain gifts for when you get the Captain contributor rank
- Added Donkey, Mule, Llama & Parrot Eggs to Contributor gift choices
- April fools joke re-branding that disabled PVP and turned us into PrincessCraft.
- The North! The Builder Team finished /warp north its now live! They have spent months building this amazing beautiful warp for PirateCraft and its a really unique. Welcome to the NORTH!
Massive thank you to @BGraph @Cysteen @Pashjn @StevenKing169 who made this happen!
- Changed /warp norths biome to Taiga & thawed the snow, also allowed using doors there.
- Set up a 250 block radius render around north to try and fix the squiffy map render when I pasted in North
- Setup @Elo106 as a proper Editor on the website to host his BOTM properly on the blog, stay tuned! & added the Media badge to his forum account.
- Had an Easter Coupon, Added Easter Basket 2019 Chest thanks @Maximus ! Added auto random key drop every hour for Easter basket keys!, Added 15x Easter Basket keys to /donate store (Easter event has ended)
- Updated /motd and server list motd.
- Fixed the SSL cert on the map page needed a renew, maps back up https://map.piratemc.com/
- Updated protocol hack to allow 1.14 clients to connect to our 1.12.2 server. (We are working on upgrading, just a hell’a lot of broken plugins into 1.13)
Known issues when using a newer client:
- 1.14 Fireworks may not trigger correctly due to changes of how the explosion is triggered, Respawning may be slightly slower.
- 1.13: Block connections are now serverside (Will need to test this)
- Updated Treasure Chest Crates
- Gave everyone back the /ignore command, looks like the developer changed the permissions, this is handled by the chat plugin now. Some of you may have double ignores with /eignore which you still also have, this will be handled by Essentials (try to just use /ignore now) Being handled by the chat plugin should give us more control across servers too.
- From #bugs @Cappur Reported that dogs were invincible again, I reverted a change to allow attacking dogs again, but this may have other PvP changes as I had to enable PvP checking via GriefPrevention again, do take note of changes. Thanks for help test @ItsNado
- Fixed crew title and crew rank showing when hovering usernames in chat
- Admins can now /nick players, this is a tool for them to re-name bad usernames. You can NOT ask for a nickname. It will be up to the team member how they decide to punish, most likely with a nick of their choice.
- Nicknamed players now show up in italics in tab-list
- Real usernames are now shown when you hover over their username in chat
- An admin may use the Nickname system to set colors/format/names during an event to show team status.
- Updated Essentials messages file that was woefully outdated, Hopefully this should fix the random messages that no longer show
- Added /glow for Contributor ranks, you can even pick your color!
- Added Custom jump pads for messing about around market/warps
- Added jump pads at /warp cove, /warp shop and /warp shop2 at /warp south and /warp north
- No PVP and No Live Map Weekend event happened (now ended)
- Updated Discord plugin, custom heads plugin, Analytics plugin , Citizens (NPCs) and the book plugin that allows them to open books., updated chat plugin.
- Added & Removed jukebox plugin (Created crashes)
- Updated maximum acquired blocks for Claims to 1,000,000 (As @lazydog11 hit the maximum of 500k!
- TIP: Find out your total claim blocks by using /claimslist and its at the top written like this 271050 blocks from play + 1125 bonus = 272175 total.
- TIP2: You can name your claims with /nameclaim <name> for easy recognition in /claimslist (Stand in your claim and /nameclaim Town center)
- Added & Removed crappy hotbar plugin
- Updated permissions system on Survival/Creative & Bungee
- @Maximus Added a ton of new death chat messages
- @Maximus Got arrow/bow death messages working showing the bow name!
- Changed the /msg private message system to be the chat PM system over essentials, this allows me to have hover over & click capabilities for all /msg you send and receive, at present its just set to click to /msg <username>. Im open to suggestions of what information is shown in /msg hover & what click events happen, click events can be on username, badge and message and be all separate click actions, same for hover information.
- The /msg timeout works the same as the old system, if you are in a conversation with someone someone else cant steal your /r unless your conversation has been inactive for 30 seconds.
- Known bug, if you are in the timeout period and start a new /msg conversation your /r wont be replaced with the new conversation you just started this bug has been reported.
- This private message system works cross-server too, I need to sort some bits out to get it fully working on the other servers at present.
- Added /w /pm /m /t /whisper /tell as /msg alias’s and /togglemsg, /ignorepm, ./nopm and /msgtoggle to toggle msg (For those with perms).
- Updated Bungee server & client protocol hack to allow 1.14.2 clients to connect to the 1.12.2 server.
- Updated the mob head dropping plugin a lot of versions, Entire config re-made in new format.
- Added more Siege soft blocks Added Leaves, Tallgrass, Dead bush, and End_Stone to siege soft blocks (End stone to match dirt/netherrack of the other two worlds)
- Temporarily removed the head drop plugin, as I think its the cause of the JRE crashes weve been having, I did update it recently and its showing in the Java crash logs as its SQLite issue, I have reported it to the developer and awaiting a reply.
- Shop referrals are now active. You can now earn rewards by referring people to /donate! All they have to do is on the checkout page click the Did someone refer you? link bottom right and put in your username!
- At present the reward is 3x Dead Mans Chest Keys For each referral, referrals are limited to those that have spent at least $10 on the store while we test this, you can only claim one referral per day at present too.
- Fixed the Video plugin on the website to allow me to add new videos.
- Added 2 ship battle videos made by Elo to https://piratemc.com/videos/
- Spent the entire day re-making the Staff team page from scratch as it was so outdated!
- April 2019 BOTM
- April 2019 BOTM Winners
- May 2019 BOTM
- May 2019 BOTM Winners
- Added Notification plugin, the same as Wikipedia for notices of changes, theres also a notification system; full information https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Notifications
- Website back end updates to frameworks and dependencies for theme.
- Lazy loading images, cache & minifying CSS/JS changes (might break some parts of the website that use JS)
- Starting to convert heading images to webp format
- Updated Server, Updated Protocol hack to allow 1.14.2 clients, Updated Chat plugin, Updated plot plugin.
- Upgraded @Builder (Craftsman) on Creative now have 100 plots and 100 merges. (was 30 & 16)
- Upgraded @Build Leader (Housewright) on Creative now have 350 plots and 350 merges. (was 250) – For server projects that require multiple people
- Added new /motd when you log in that tells you your plot count and how many plots you have left.
- Added #help_wanted channel, where I post for help needed for the server itself, so far this as resulted in this amazing banner made by @Elo106 for the server:
- Added #build_help for Pirates to post your build projects and ideas to work with others! Have an idea you want to build and want to find some people to help? head to #build_help Post if you have an idea, an existing project or are bored and want to help with a project! Even saying something like “I’m free and want to work on something with someone” is fine! Remember you can also post times you are available (With timezones) and use Teamspeak to communicate https://piratemc.com/information/teamspeak/
- Moved all of the channel icons to the left of each channel to all line up instead of being wonky, and renamed #lounge_general as a general chat lounge, re-named the category too.
- Added #bugs to report bugs, as an extension of https://piratemc.com/forums/server-support/bugs-glitches/ Which should still be used for longer posts you really want fixed, discords more for quick simple fixes.
View Other posts by GodsDead
Written by GodsDead
The founder of PirateCraft, Administrator, Systems Operator, Peace keeper.
Tags: 1.13, 1.13.1, 1.13.2, 1.14, 1.14.1, 1.14.2, analytics, auc, Auction, bible, botm, bugs, build of the month, buycraft, changelog roundup, chat, contributor, crates, donate, donator, easter, filter, Glow, heads, holograms, ignore, jump pads, nick, north, Pirate code, private message, proxy, siege, siege blocks, store referrals, tebex, treasure crates, warp north, warps
Posted on June 5, 2019