Pirates need their grog, here at PirateCraft you can brew and barrel age good hard drink!
Unlike in vanilla Minecraft it is not as easy as adding an Ingredient to a Brewing Stand and waiting for it to finish. Depending on the Recipe the whole process can be difficult and time consuming. Some Recipes may need a high precision when it comes to Ingredients or any other step in the process. If one step was not good enough, the quality of the Potions may suffer, leading to side effects like bad alcohol and other toxics.
Depending on the Recipe, some Steps may not be needed, the following instruction describes the common procedure of brewing.
Step 1 Fermenting
Step one consists of Fermenting the fresh Ingredients.
- Place Cauldron over a Fire or Magma block as heat source
- Fill it with water
- Add Ingredients by Right clicking the Cauldron block
- Wait while they Ferment
- Right click the Cauldron block with a clock to see how long its been fermenting for
- Right click with empty glass bottles to collect!
TIP: Use a clock on a cauldron, if you want to know the time the ingredients have been fermenting.
Step 2 Distilling
Step 2 will be distilling
- Put the bottle with ferment into the brewing stand
- Put glowstone dust as filter on top into the brewing stand (The filter will not be consumed)
Step 3 Ageing
A barrel is needed for ageing. It can be build in two ways:
8 Wooden stairs build like this:
Place a Sign on the lower right side and write “Barrel” in the upper Line:
Message “Barrel created” should appear
4 Fences, 16 Wooden stairs, 18 wood planks build like this (hollow inside):
Attach a Spigot (Fence) and a Sign that has “Barrel” written on the first Line:
Message “Barrel created” should appear
You may remove the Sign from the Big Barrel after creating it.
The small Barrel is opened with a right click on the sign, the big barrel with a right click on the spigot (fence).
Put the Bottles into the Barrels for ageing.
Depending on the Recipe the Type of wood used may alter the quality of the aged Brew.
The Barrel should not be destroyed while ageing, as it would leak after a short while.
When breaking the Spigot, everything inside will be spit out.
Step 4 Drinking
The Amount of Alcohol inside the Brew will be applied to the player when drinking. Depending on the quality of it, that may have different effects.
- The Player may not be able to walk normally anymore, he will weave, making it almost impossible to walk straight
- Effects like Blindness, Confusion, Poison etc. occur
- The Chat will be altered depending on drunkeness, many things players write may be incomprehensible, sometimes it seems senseless
- Is the Alcohol particularly strong, it may have poisonous effects
- After drinking a lot, there is a chance of vomiting
- When logging off, the player may have difficulties reaching his character, thus some loggins shortly after may be denied
- After Overdrinking the player may faint (Disconnecting)
Step 5 Getting Sober
After drinking it takes a while until the alcohol is completely gone. During that time the alcohol level is steadily decreasing. Also it can be decreased through consuming of items defined in the config.
- When logging off extremely drunk, it may happen that, if the player logs back in after a while, he may find himself at an completely unknown Place in the middle of nowhere having no idea how he got there.
- But if he loggs back in after some hours or next morning, he will find himself at /home, again without any memories.
- Also if the Alcohol was not of best quality, the player may face some bad type of hangover (slowness and hunger).
If you wish to make some amendments to this page, please do so on the Wiki.
200 Custom Brews
PirateCraft has 200 custom brews you are able to make in-game, this is a sortable table for all the new names we have on PirateCraft, we have helped you get started with some tutorials on how to create the first 24.
All other brews you will have to figure out yourself, talk to other pirates, trade recipes and get experimenting to see what you can create!
Yellow = Starter brews that have their recipe given
Green = Brand new brews just added!