[1.12] PirateCraft 1.12 Progress Thread (1.12 LIVE ON TEST SERVER)

Home Forums PirateCraft Server Updates [1.12] PirateCraft 1.12 Progress Thread (1.12 LIVE ON TEST SERVER)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GodsDead
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 794
    • Replies: 3343
    • Total: 4137
    • ★★★★★★★★

The obligatory “Plz update to 1.12” …. Triggered.

Minecraft updates, the best time for a server owner… *plz pass me beer*

So just to recap; Me getting asked to update to 1.12/Asking for an ETA, can I ask you get my back? and sort these idiots out? Nothing infuriates me more than someone asking for an update to be pushed out or an ETA.  People with brain cells understand this requires  patience, trial and error and testing over a few weeks. Pre-warning that this drives me insane and I will respond with fire and destruction, so please do reply to the person asking before I get a chance too.

Bugs will come, plugins will break, and patches will need to happen over time, please have patience.

1.12 is Live on the test server.

How do I join it?

• Do /server test in-game and /server survival to get home or
    • Put this in your server browser survivaltest.piratemc.com to bypass the main server.
    • Test server is its own server, hosted on a completely separate machine, world backup was from 21/6/2017 at around 10am GMT. All your inventory/chests/builds will be from this time.

Test server rules

• As always nothing will be saved from this server/world, so do as you please, blow everything up use all your resources, none of it will effect the main server when we update.
    • You are here to test everything you possibly can, the faster we figure out bugs, the quicker we can convert the main server to 1.12.
    • it’ll be up 24/7 so come as you please, bring your friends.
    • Same rules as main server.

Known broken plugins and bugs with 1.12

• Chairs are fully broken, need to test an alternative, devs given up.
    • Chunk Spawn Limiting, AKA limiting mobs per chunks are broken, need to find an alternative.
    • Vote gamble gifts are broken, This will be hard to find an alternative that is this good and has this much configs, I hope the dev gets around to updating it.
    • XPboosting, this is broken, Im hoping the dev will update it.

Differences from main server and test server

• Discord isn’t on, it works I’ve tested it, but I cant have 2 servers at once on the discord.
    • Were using the latest version of the anti-cheat with updated configs.
    • There’s no backwards compatibility with 1.11, you will need to use 1.12.
    • Im not using the new redstone algorithm im testing on the main server atm.

Fixed

• I fixed the terrible network issues from the test server that we had before, it should be as fast as the main server.

How can I help?

Please play, do anything and everything you can think of on the test server, use every command, use every feature, check all your stuff and report any issues here.

Please have patience.

GodsDead
    Keymaster
    • ★★★★★★★★

1.12 is live on the test server, I have updated the main thread with information on how to join and test.

Thank you!

Ketoh
    • Topics: 21
    • Replies: 522
    • Total: 543
    • ★★★★★★

Things that work:

-Claims

-Siege

-Brewery

-Ships

-Teleportation lag fixed (Updated by Gods due to render distance)

*To be Added to*

Founder of the Coalition

GodsDead
    Keymaster
    • ★★★★★★★★

Bump. I assume theres no major issues then?

Cysteen
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 434
    • Total: 447
    • ★★★★★

the join/leave messages are a bit bugged. some are just delayed, I think others are switched, so if a player actually leaves the message shows as joins, then leaves shortly after. this seems to be a common issue whenever the server has to update to the newer versions.

on a side note, the swear filter is working correctly. *cough*

If I had a nickel for every time I, Ooo hey, a butterfly!! *runs off chasing the butterfly*

- Former Leader of CoV -
    - A Proud Member of The Asylum-

GodsDead
    Keymaster
    • ★★★★★★★★

the join/leave messages are a bit bugged. some are just delayed, I think others are switched, so if a player actually leaves the message shows as joins, then leaves shortly after. this seems to be a common issue whenever the server has to update to the newer versions. on a side note, the swear filter is working correctly. *cough*

Its weird how this always happens, not a biggie.

So now I just need to find time to push 1.12.

Cysteen
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 434
    • Total: 447
    • ★★★★★

oh, one more thing I noticed, achievements (or now called ‘advancements’) are now global. as in, they are sent to global chat when someone gets one. that’s a vanilla gamerule fix, and nothing harmful imo. if I find anything else ill post here.

If I had a nickel for every time I, Ooo hey, a butterfly!! *runs off chasing the butterfly*

- Former Leader of CoV -
    - A Proud Member of The Asylum-

GodsDead
    Keymaster
    • ★★★★★★★★

oh, one more thing I noticed, achievements (or now called ‘advancements’) are now global. as in, they are sent to global chat when someone gets one. that’s a vanilla gamerule fix, and nothing harmful imo. if I find anything else ill post here.

Ive already pushed 1.12 Live to the main server, and This was one of the first things I changed, there was about an hour where I figured out it needed to be set in each world.

Main server is on 1.12 now.

[changelog] Upgraded to 1.12, Upgraded anti-cheat & configs.

Were mostly testing live as nobody really helped test on the test server.

Closed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘[1.12] PirateCraft 1.12 Progress Thread (1.12 LIVE ON TEST SERVER)’ is closed to new replies.

/50 Online

Mobile Page

Join the PirateCraft discord server
Join the PirateCraft Discord server! discord.piratemc.com
Reddit - PirateCraft Subreddit PirateCraft YouTube PirateCraft Twitter PirateCraft Instagram PirateCraft Facebook