1.7.2-R0.1 Beta Released

Home Forums PirateCraft Server Updates 1.7.2-R0.1 Beta Released

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GodsDead
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 794
    • Replies: 3343
    • Total: 4137
    • ★★★★★★★★

The Beta for Bukkit 1.7.2 was released today, But there are no plugins that are upto date for it yet apart from out anti-cheat plugin, we currently run 27 plugins.
    The bare minimum we could run the updated sever on would be 3 plugins.
    We are getting closer!

Crazy Pirate
    • Topics: 110
    • Replies: 1997
    • Total: 2107
    • ★★★★★★★

Yes!

Crazy Pirate
    • ★★★★★★★

So, with 1.7.2 come a new map. But how much warning will there be for us? I have recently found a nice, defendable area, with a village of decent size. But with the new map, that will be gone, as will the fact it took days to get there. Will the village be world edited into the new map? And will it be on land? I just don’t want to start building a house, and then have to say goodbye to it! Also, why is it I cant trade with villagers? Not to come off as a nag, but the fact I cant trade with them is annoying as hell, as is the lag.Sorry for all the questions, and for being a bit of a pain, but these are just things that im not to sure about, and what I think needs clearing up a bit.

Crazy Pirate
    • ★★★★★★★

Why dont people comment anymore?

GodsDead
    Keymaster
    • ★★★★★★★★

The server we are currently on is no way powerful enouigh to run both maps at the same time, so im stuck on what to do now for “moving” things over, Finding areas is what minecraft is, theres no getting around that!
    You can trade with villagers? There should be nothing stopping you, unless the griefprevention update killed it?

Im not sure what to do, the current server sucks. Im tempted to start a fresh using a new host.

Jon
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 215
    • Total: 227
    • ★★★★

we need to bin this host, its shit, and costing us players, i cant even log in now!
    any player i have spoken to complains of lag, things not working properly etc.
    the GP plugin now no longer lets you open wooden doors, ender chests in other peoples claims, normal chests in other peoples claims or use furnaces in other claims, so basically what we have is a unplayable server and no players lol. we really need to do something soon.

Crazy Pirate
    • ★★★★★★★

iamthereaper- thank god you said it, because the lag sucks, and for some reason I cant trade with villagers, as no tab thingy opens up!
    Happy new year felllas, and Im still expecting that Christmas present….preferably less lag?

GodsDead
    Keymaster
    • ★★★★★★★★

The origional host screwed me over and I made a quick decision with these guys were currently with based on price and customer service, I don’t know what their running on their backend, We can try another host, fresh world to get us started while I upload the old one and see if we can figure a way to bring old builds over via worldedit if needed. This old world is gigantic (4gb now) to upload, and it times out which means a restart, every single time.
    Im paid up till the 26th Jan 2014 for this host.
    I could try just creating a new world with them first? See if its this old world thats causing lagg? But It would mean testing each plugin by itself to make sure its configured and working with the new bukkit versions, It might be best to do that locally first. Theres no way this host will run 2 maps, it can barly handle what we have.
    I took at look at the griefprevention 800 line config when it changed, but didnt make any changes, it was taking too long to read through, Its been one massive screw over from Minecraft, Bukkit and our old and new host all in one go, It’s one giant “fuck you” in my direction which I just lost interest in and waiting for this shitstorm to blow over, its a complete mess.
    Bukkit took what 2 months to get off their asses? You cannot run a server with such terrible waiting to see if they decice to release anything anytime soon and what happend with the next update? same wait again..

I want to say goodbye assholes to our current host and try another which means a complete fresh setup and I have to change all the Ip’s, DNS, Current advertising blah blah, just changing all that takes 4-6 hours, is the only hesitatnt changing hosts again.

Jon
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 215
    • Total: 227
    • ★★★★

this world is huge and currently its unrestricted, we dont need it this big yet lol
    we can test plugins quick enough tbh in a night, just go through it bit at a time, no issue.
    the gp plugin was a massive update we just need to go through it together, like we started before christmas.

It would be nice if bukkit pulled their finger out a little quicker but we can only use what we have.

give current host the option to go with an EU server, and worst case we will look into a new one and ill go halves on it with you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘PirateCraft Server Updates’ is closed to new topics and replies.

/50 Online

Mobile Page

Join the PirateCraft discord server
Join the PirateCraft Discord server! discord.piratemc.com
Reddit - PirateCraft Subreddit PirateCraft YouTube PirateCraft Twitter PirateCraft Instagram PirateCraft Facebook