Updated to 1.7.10 with 1.8 client hack, Includes recent updates
September 9, 2014 1:54 pm in PirateCraft News, PirateCraft Server News. Leave a Comment
Last night I updated the PirateCraft server to 1.7.10 spigot build that allows 1.8 clients to connect to the server. This is sadly not a version of 1.8, this is just a hack to allow 1.8 clients to connect to the server without having to downgrade, now any client from 1.7.2 – 1.8 will be able to connect to PirateCraft.
I have also updated a few more aspects of the server recently.
- Movecraft was moved out of compatibility mode since we are now compatible with the latest version.
- I created a new craft file “turret” this is for creating a subcraft on an existing ship to add turrets that can spin 360 degrees, This could be used for having a turntable cannon.
This craft file is available to sailors+ and has already been put to use, The turret file is still a work in progress and needs to be added to the documentation.
It can be controlled with a helm, and a remote sign which is also new, there is a subcraft rotate sign that is a better option but it is very buggy at present with no feedback.
- All ships now can use any wood as their needed block, this includes half slabs and stairs.
- New customizable death messages for PVP and PVE deaths, This gives us the option later to hold a competition to write death messages.
- Arena kills are now recorded, so the player rank inside the arena works now, it’s no longer stuck at the same score, this plugin also comes with a few new commands, and allows us to create leader-board signs (Not tested yet).
- /pvp top [x] : show the top x highest rated players
- /pvp vs [x records] : shows the last x records vs another player
- /pvp vs [x records]: shows the records between player1 and player2
- Work has begun on a method to generate & buy ships from the cove, They will be accessed via the cove docks and will cost in-game money, ready to be sailed out of the cove.
We have a lot of plans for future updates, please be patient. Recently I have been getting requests for things that are planned or have been requested already.
I cannot stress enough that if you need support, want to request a feature or report a bug to please use the Server Support Forum, Sending me messages in-game is overwhelming and nothing can be accomplished with the added bloat, Most senior players are able to answer 90% of the questions I get sent daily, please use them!
Im considering adding a points system for people that help the server run, by answering questions, reporting bugs etc. There seems to be too much emphasis on punishing naughty players, we should have a system to reward great players, I will open a forum thread for a discussion.
Competition catchup, Both open competitions have run a little over the end date, but don’t fear they have not been forgotten! I have chosen 1 ship already for the cove ship building competition, and need to see all entries before making the next winner.
View Other posts by GodsDead
Written by GodsDead
The founder of PirateCraft, Administrator, Systems Operator, Peace keeper.
Categorised in: PirateCraft News, PirateCraft Server News
Tags: 1.7.10, 1.8, additions, minecraft, movecraft, pirate minecraft, piratecraft, piratemc, server update, updates
Posted on September 9, 2014